The History of the Australian Multigenerational Labradoodle
The Australian Labradoodle Association of America describes them as, " extremely clever, sociable, comical and joyful". They accuratley depict the breed's intelligence in explaining that labradoodles, " display an intuition about the emotional state of family members", with an ability to "know". This ability to "know" is what makes a labradoodle a true companion of love.
- Product of a Standard Poodle and a Labrador Retriever
- 50% Labrador Retriever and 50% Standard Poodle
- Product of a F1 Labradoodle and a Standard Poodle
- 25% Labrador Retriever and 75% Standard Poodle
Australian Multigenerational Labradoodle
- Product of two Australian Labradoodles (F1b or greater generation) with selective and limited infusion of breeds.
- The Australian Labradoodle carries the DNA of the Labrador, Poodle, and Cocker Spaniel (American or English).
- True hybrid yielding ideal temperament, coat, and conformation
- Most often is the result of the crossing an Australain Multi-Gen Labdradoodle with another Australian Multi-Gen Labdradoodle. An Australian Labradoodle can be created by crossing a Poodle to another Australian Labradoodle, a Cockapoo to a Labradoodle, a Labradoodle to a Cocker Spaniel and the like, resulting in the three-breed combination.
Labradoodle variations are distinguished by their genetic comprise and therefore assorted traits, such as their temperament, coat type and physical conformation. Various breeds and Labrador Retriever to include the Irish Water Spaniel, Curly Coat Retreiver, and American or English Cocker Spaniel. These breeds have been carefully selected and limitedly infused into Australian Multigenerational Labradoodle bloodline originated in Australia in the breeding programs of Tegan Park and Rutland Manor.
There is incredible diversity in coat possibilities from chalk-white to indulgent cream, gold, apricot, beautiful reds, chocolate, cafe`, striking black and everything in between. It is important to note that slight variations in color will occur and a pup may not retain his original puppy color. At times, a puppy's coat will lighten with age but, may to everyone's surprise even darken. Unfortunately, there isn't an exact science as to what exact color your puppy will eventually become. Coat color will range in shade and intensity.
Coat types can be categorized into three key types: wool, fleece and hair.
Fleece coat: This is the coat that most people associate with a Labradoodle. The feel should be silky and soft. It can range from being almost striaght, (straight/open fleece) or with just a few waves in it (wavy fleece). Regardless, of the wave or curl this coat must be groomed in order to be mat free. Most often this coat is on-shedding, however, it is typical to find the occasional "dust bunny" around the house. This coat is frequently acceptable for people with allergies. The Fleece coat is what we breed for and produce at Hunterberry Hill Labradoodles.
Wool coat: This is very dense and curly like a poodle. A wool coat typically has more cotton-like feel. It can be kept long but requires more grooming in this style. If it is kept short this coat is easy to maintain and usually non-shedding and allergy friendly.
Hair coat: This coat is usually seen in early generation dogs. Tends to be straighter or slightly wavy and texture can be coarse to the feel. This coat may have that doggy odor and varying degrees of shedding. Typically this is lower maintenance coat.
Australian Multigenerational Labradoodles have an average life expectancy of 12-15 years. They become in a variety of sizes ranging from 15 to 65 pounds and 14 to 24 inches, spanning from the wither to the ground. They are classified into three major sizes including miniature, medium and standard. The prerequisites for each are shown below.
- A MINI sized Labrdoodle ranges from 14 -16 inches tall. They are typically 15-25 lbs.
- A MEDIUM sized Labdradoodle ranges from 17-20 inches tall. They are typically 25-45 lbs.
- A STANDARD sized Labdradoodle ranges from 21-25 inches tall. They range from in weight from 50-65 lbs.
Reproduction of material or photos is prohibited.
Hunterberry Hill Labradoodles,LLC Copyright 2017 - All Rights Reserved.